“Professionally installed window film is a gift that continues to give back, not only during the winter holidays but during the summer months as well,” said Darrell Smith, Executive Director, IWFA. “From blocking harmful UV rays, to cutting down heating and cooling costs, professionally installed window film is a budget friendly gift that will deliver dividends for many years.”
Here are the IWFA‘s 12 reasons professionally installed window film gives back during the holidays and beyond:
- Protects your skin from UV rays. By blocking up to 99 percent of UV rays from passing through your home’s and car’s unprotected windows, window film can reduce your risk for skin cancer more than window glass alone.
- Reduces eye damage. Untreated windows only protect eyes from about 25% of UV rays. Window film is a proven way to reduce the dangerous impact of the sun on your eyes.
- Diminishes sun glare. Window film prevents dangerous sun glare that can nearly blind you while behind the wheel, even from side windows.
- Protects furniture, floors, and family heirlooms. Pro installed window film reduces premature fading, slows deterioration, and can add an extra layer of protection for beloved possessions.
- Offers safety and security. Pro installed window film can mitigate the damage of broken glass, helping hold glass together upon impact.
- Cuts down on heating and cooling costs. Up to one-third of your home’s heating and cooling costs can be lost through inefficient windows. Window film’s energy efficiency rejects up to 55 percent of solar heat. Some films can even help to retain room heat in the winter.
- Saves money on home improvement projects. Window film is a great choice for enhancing windows that are still functional but might not be up to contemporary standards.
- Offers “Go Green” perks. Window film may qualify for project reimbursements and tax reductions!
- Improves window performance. Unlike old energy inefficient windows, window film can improve the overall performance of a window – alleviating the need for full replacement.
- Works with various types of windows. Window size, shape, and location are not factors. Pro-trained and accredited installers can install window film on different types of windows.
- Provides an aesthetic accent to interior glass panels or windows. From frosted to specialty designs, decorative window film can transform the look and feel of a space.
- Offers an extra level of customization and privacy. Depending on the visible light transmittance (VLT) you choose with window film, you can enhance the look of your car or home and increase privacy in a variety of shades and colors.
For more information on the benefits of professionally installed window film, and to download IWFA’s holiday infographic and eBooks for consumers, visit .
About the International Window Film Association
The International Window Film Association (IWFA) () is a unified industry body of window film dealers, distributors, and manufacturers that facilitates the growth of the window film industry though the use of education, research, advocacy and consumer awareness. The organization builds alliances with trade associations, utilities and government agencies to advance dealers’ and distributors’ businesses and provide value to their customers.
SOURCE International Window Film Association